MODEL SPOTLIGHT | HCC70 – A Model of Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) makes up 15-20% of all breast cancers and proves challenging to treat clinically.
- Chemotherapy and surgery remain among standard of care options for these patients.
- In many cases radiation therapy is also utilized, resulting in reduction of locoregional disease.
- Preclinically there are limited mechanisms for testing clinically relevant radiation approaches.
- MI Bioresearch utilizes Xstrahl’s Small Animal Radiation Research Platform (SARRP) to overcome this unmet preclinical need.
Read our latest model spotlight on the human TNBC line, HCC70, and how we have utilized this model to test chemotherapy and radiation therapy combinations.