The Sr. Assistant Scientist of Immunohistochemistry is responsible for performing histology and immunohistochemistry procedures including: tissue dissection, histology, chemical staining, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), in-situ hybridization (ISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen, and paraffin-embedded tissues and cell lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing histology, histochemical assays, and immunohistochemical assays using various modalities including engineered antibodies, antibody mimetics, and nucleic acids.
- Performing microscopy image acquisition and analysis.
- Performing detailed organization of experimental data, analyzed data for entry, and sample management.
- Knowledge of inventory control and record keeping. Ability to maintain an accurate database of samples, images, and procedures.
- Skilled in the safe and effective use, maintenance, and calibration of a variety of automatic, semiautomatic, and manual analytic instruments and devices. Knowledge of the safe and effective use of chemicals, reagents, and other equipment.
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement in working with variable guidelines. Capable of writing and following written procedures requiring a large amount of specificity and interpretation, or determining when to seek further consultation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and through written reports, using a high degree of technical language. Ability to read and interpret communications from others.
- Ability to perform responsible decision-making in several areas. Ability to evaluate and validate new and existing methodologies applicable to the laboratory as well as identify problems and effectively resolve or address irregularities and discrepancies which may arise in the testing process.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of related materials in compliance with Company.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Direct experience in histology, chemical staining, and some IHC/ICC
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) as either a Histotechnologist (ASCP-HTL) OR as a Histology Technician (ASCP-HT) OR as a Medical Technologist (ASCP- MT). Or, ASCP eligible. (Preferred)
- Two (2) years of work experience in a hospital, clinical laboratory, or healthcare setting as a Histotechnologist or Histology Technician. (Preferred)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and substances of unknown hazard.
- Must function and adequately perform all responsibilities associated with the job while adhering to various safety and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
Are you ready to take the next steps to working in our hands-on, fast-paced environment? Contact us today to learn about joining our team. As an employee of MI Bioresearch, you will be one of our dynamic group of scientists, and in turn will be offered a highly competitive package including base salary, incentive bonus, and attractive benefits.
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.