The Facilities Manager is responsible for oversight and management of all Company physical facilities, grounds, equipment maintenance and security systems to assure a safe, clean, functioning work environment for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of Company facilities, systems, and equipment.
- Address facility HelpDesk tickets from all Company sites. Provide progress updates and maintain an updated electronic HelpDesk System.
- Perform regular maintenance as able, including but not limited to:
- Painting, drywall repairs, minor construction/demo, minor plumbing tasks, grounds upkeep, furniture repairs, cleaning, bulb replacement, etc.
- Schedule and host visits from contracted service technicians for specialized services. Be available to greet technicians, troubleshoot issues and assess completed work for accuracy and quality. Ensure technicians follow Company rules and work safely.
- Ensure all equipment is properly calibrated and maintained for use. Responsible for managing schedules for all equipment to assure timely performance.
- Oversee Cleaning and Grounds.
- Ensure cleanliness of all non-vivarium spaces.
- Oversee and manage janitorial staff, and floor and window cleaning personnel, etc. May also clean areas, as needed, during the day (spills, pest removal, snow shoveling of key areas).
- Ensure well-kept and professional-looking grounds.
- Manage service contracts of lawn and snow removal crew. Assess output for quality. Troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Maintain all exterior lighting.
- Coordinate service with landlord(s) as appropriate.
- Ensure cleanliness of all non-vivarium spaces.
- Maintain and address alerts of the wireless monitoring system.
- With IT, maintain the electronic Smartvue system: add sensors, reset battery indicators and address alerts within. Schedule system service and change batteries as needed to ensure a fully-functioning alert system.
- Receive and assess alerts for sensors that monitor Company’s important areas and equipment (e.g., temperature, humidity, and CO2 excursions outside of key set points). May require after-hours troubleshooting and maintenance/surveillance.
- Oversee site security.
- Maintain Company’s security and access systems. Accept and address calls from monitoring company (may require after-hours work). Schedule service as needed to ensure a fully-functioning security system.
- Manage and store all facility keys. Ensure keyholders are documented and have the correct keys. Make copies as needed.
- Participate in crisis management/disaster planning team. Responsible for risk assessment and implementation of mitigation strategies as they relate to Company’s facilities, systems and equipment.
- Act as first responder in times of crisis.
- Assist with safety testing and training as needed (fire and tornado drills, fire extinguisher training, etc.)
- Maintain key systems and equipment (e.g., HVAC, laboratory equipment, sprinklers, power generator, etc.).
- Establish and/or maintain service contracts for key systems and equipment. Budget, solicit bids, and select best vendors. Oversee vendor performance to ensure quality, correctness, and values that align with Company.
- Oversee construction projects.
- Accurately and completely document a scope of work into formal Requests for Proposal for construction and other facility projects. Identify qualified vendors and coordinate the bid solicitation to selection process.
- Set and manage budget for such projects. Report progress to Finance.
- Thoroughly plan project with contractors to ensure least disruption to work.
- Communicate with Company staff to ensure all are aware of work that will, or will have the potential to, affect their office or work space/activities.
- Assist IACUC Chair in assuring Company’s continued full AAALAC Accreditation and, as warranted, PHS Assurance. Possess a basic understanding (advancing gradually) of the requirements of each organization as they apply to operating an animal housing facility and ensure compliance.
- Will regularly report to the IACUC to provide animal facility updates.
- Will assist with the completion of all AAALAC and PHS-related paperwork as it relates to the facilities.
- Manage loading dock.
- Receive and put away incoming deliveries. Ensure loading dock is free of debris and shipments. Be available to assist with large deliveries. Alert recipients of incoming packages.
- Maintain the Company’s Crisis Management Plan, assuring periodic updates in collaboration with others in the Company.
- Create and maintain all standard operating procedures related to the facilities role.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS, Facilities Management, a related field or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of facility management experience.
- Laboratory and vivarium management experience is a plus.
- Administrative experience a plus.
- First Aid and CPR certification a plus, but not required.
- OSHA outreach training a plus, but not required.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.