MI Bioresearch is conducting a search for a highly experienced oncology discovery expert to become part of its scientific team, working directly with clients to enhance their discovery efforts through research outsourcing. This role will expose the incumbent to the entire spectrum of the oncology discovery effort, including the full diversity of related models and technologies. Deep and broad knowledge of current oncology and/or immuno-oncology discovery and translational paradigms is essential to success in this role, as is knowledge of the molecular and cellular approaches and targets in oncology drug discovery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The successful incumbent will have five key duties/responsibilities:
- Direct scientific engagement with pharmaceutical company scientists, clients, and decision makers with the goal of providing high-level scientific input in study design and model execution to determine how and when their discovery and translational programs would benefit from MI Bioresearch’s preclinical oncology services.
- Support MI Bioresearch’s Business Development (BD) goals to secure orders and deepen account penetration through increasing the quality and quantity of meetings with pharmaceutical company scientist; ensure the best possible exchange of information for new opportunities between BD and the scientific team; generate protocols, study designs, and proposals to define projects/studies and associated prices.
- Periodic co-travel with BD (~25% of the time) to various clients and potential clients to support scientific discussion of MI Bioresearch services and capabilities;
- Represent MI at relevant scientific and industry conferences, including preparation of oral presentations and/or poster presentations; and
- Support the continued development of company-based scientific marketing collateral and web materials.
The Associate/Director, Scientific Development is expected to have solid scientific credentials, with in-coming knowledge of the range of in vitro and in vivo services and models offered by MI Bioresearch.
- Education – MS or PhD in relevant life sciences field
- Experience – Minimum 10 years’ experience in laboratory or pharmaceutical industry in areas specifically relevant to Company services; must include a minimum of 5 years’ working within the pharmaceutical or biotech industries in order to assure familiarity with customer needs/experience
- A specific Subject Matter Expert is being sought:
- A PhD in the required field of expertise is a prerequisite;
- Academic credentials will be considered; and
- A solid publications track record that evidences depth of knowledge will be important.
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.