The Director, Operations Administration (“DOA”) coordinates overall administrative support for Operations to assure the timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services to customers. This includes, but is not limited to: i) study/capacity planning, ii) development and tracking of operational performance metrics, iii) purchasing and inventory management, iv) coordination with Finance and IT as it relates to Operations and v) physical plant maintenance for the company as a whole, including custodial services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for developing and maintaining an effective system for assigning new studies to appropriate study teams.
- Will maintain the above system to assure even distribution of study loads and downstream capacity planning, including routine updating of study status with study managers.
- Develops a system to define and track metrics associated with operational performance, including such things as on-time delivery, study quality and performance against budget.
- In collaboration with operations executives (OpEx), assumes as much administrative accountability for study effort as is warranted, e.g. initial load of study data into the planning system, change order loading into the planning system, interface requirements with Finance (e.g. revenue recognition reporting).
- In collaboration with OpEx and IT, develops the optimum prioritization of IT projects supporting Operations and oversees timely and effective implementation through close coordination with IT and any assigned OPS lead.
- In collaboration with Finance, develops the optimum prioritization of Finance projects supporting Operations and/or as required for proper financial management and oversees timely and effective implementation through close coordination with Finance, e.g. improved systems and interfaces.
- On an ‘as needed’ basis, troubleshoots Finance issues within OPS.
- On an ‘as needed’ basis, troubleshoot OPS issues with customers, e.g. confirmation of cell line destruction and provision of data under MTAs.
- In coordination with the VP, OPS, the CFO and CEO, develop a long-range facility plan aligned with the overall strategic plan of the company, including consideration of operational capacity needs and personnel needs.
- Once specific facility plans are approved by the CEO, in coordination with the VP, OPS, develop detailed, executable plans, accurate budgets and identify/recommend contractors to effect such plans.
- Coordinate with the appropriate landlord, any facility-related activities that required either their effort or their approval. This includes oversight of any landscape and routine maintenance obligations of the landlords per the lease.
- Assure the proper overall maintenance of the physical plant, including custodial services.
- In collaboration with the VP, OPS and CFO, begin to establish a more effective means to track key purchases and inventory required for Operations ‘production’ purposes.
- In collaboration with the VP, OPS and CFO, determine targets of opportunity to negotiate reduced-cost contracts and initiate effort, directly or in collaboration with the CFO, to secure such contracts.
- Education – Business Degree, undergraduate
- Experience – Minimum 7 years’ experience in overall planning function in a project-based environment; exposure to facility planning
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.