Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform multicolor (up to and exceeding 20 colors) immunophenotyping in lymphoid and non-lymphoid tissue-derived samples (mouse and human origin) including peripheral blood, bone marrow, spleen, and solid tumors.
- Perform all aspects of flow cytometry including experimental set-up, routine processing of tissues samples, sample staining, compensation matrix generation, sample data acquisition, and data analysis using FlowJo.
- Analyze flow cytometry data at various levels of complexity and generate complete client reports. Strong scientific writing skills.
- Culture primary cells and cell lines under experimental conditions to conduct client studies and functional assays.
- Perform routine quality control procedures and maintenance for laboratory equipment as needed. Monitor and maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, adhere to accepted lab practices and procedures.
- Assist in development and validation of new applications and SOPs.
- Assist in the maintenance, expansion, and archiving of cell lines while utilizing aseptic technique.
- Responsible for communicating with clients, coordinating tasks between multiple groups, and scheduling activities such that client deadlines are met, while meeting the highest quality of laboratory standards.
- Generate or assist with pricing quotations for flow cytometry studies.
- EDUCATION: Post graduate degree preferred or Bachelors degree in life sciences with equivalent relevant experience required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years, with demonstrated experience in flow cytometry and immunology required. Familiarity with FlowJo a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to bend and move within cell culture hood.
- Because the safety of our employees and animals is of utmost importance, all employees will adhere to the established PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
Are you ready to take the next steps to working in our hands-on, fast-paced environment? Contact us today to learn about joining our team. As an employee of MI Bioresearch, you will be one of our dynamic group of scientists, and in turn will be offered a highly competitive package including base salary, incentive bonus, and attractive benefits.
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.