- The Associate Scientist is responsible for being the subject matter expert in CAR T cell biology for the in vitro operations team and responsible for the development of CAR T cell, or other immune cell, based therapies for use in client studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert for CAR T biology, or other immune cell-based cell therapies, for the in vitro operations team.
- Prepare client provided CAR T cells for use in studies.
- Responsible for development of CAR T cell-based products for use in client studies.
- Perform multiplex immunophenotyping of CAR T cells.
- Will be responsible for cloning and construction of novel CAR T cells. Strong scientific writing skills required.
- Culture primary cells and cell lines under experimental conditions to conduct client studies and functional assays.
- Perform routine quality control procedures and maintenance for laboratory equipment as needed. Monitor and maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, adhere to accepted lab practices and procedures.
- Assist in development and validation of new applications and SOPs.
- Assist in the maintenance, expansion, and archiving of cell lines while utilizing aseptic technique.
- Responsible for communicating with clients, coordinating tasks between multiple groups, and scheduling activities such that client deadlines are met, while meeting the highest quality of laboratory standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Immunology or Cell Biology
- 2+ years in an academic or industry lab setting
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, preferably primary T cell culture and assays
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
- Experience with viral or non-viral gene delivery techniques
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
Are you ready to take the next steps to working in our hands-on, fast-paced environment? Contact us today to learn about joining our team. As an employee of Covance, you will be one of our dynamic group of scientists, and in turn will be offered a highly competitive package including base salary, incentive bonus, and attractive benefits.
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.