Position Overview, Responsibilities
- The Assistant Scientist is responsible for assisting in the performance of pharmacological tasks associated with both client and internal studies which are under the direction of the assigned study manager.
- Fulfill your desire to learn a lot, and quickly! Bring your foundational basic science and animal handling experience, and join in MI’s in-depth internal training and certification program.
- Are you energized by a fast-paced and ever-changing environment? We have to be, to meet the unique needs of our clients and changes in research. At MI Bioresearch, you will have the chance to work on several varying projects with different clients, having different roles and responsibilities on each. A great foundation to learn and grow and work toward the next level in your career with us!
- Seeking individuals who have a passion for humane animal care practices and initiatives to apply those practices in everyday tasks associated with the various research projects.
- In exchange for this exciting opportunity to work on important, meaningful research and join a great team, MI Bioresearch seeks your Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or related (or equivalent education and/or experience), at least one year of previous related research and/or animal handling experience, and your LAT Certification, preferred.
- We also love to hear about your prior experience or education in pharmacology practices and your knowledge of Animal Care and Use principles and application.
- Are you an expert in the Microsoft Office Suite of products and SigmaPlot? Great! You’ll use that here.
- As with any scientific research role involving animals, there are some unique aspects of working in a BioSafety Level II environment. Some of these include exposure to sharps, chemicals, and other substances as well as potential exposure to allergens, zoonotic diseases, and other biohazards.
- The Assistant Scientist will perform activities within the rack/bubble environment that require an ability to lift 20 pounds and bend and move with agility in this space.
- Because the safety of our employees and animals is of utmost importance, all employees working in the Vivarium will adhere to the established PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.