The Assistant Scientist, In Vitro Operations is responsible performing cell culture and/or in vitro assay tasks necessary to conduct client and internal studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With minimal supervision, archive, revise, maintain and expand cell lines utilizing aseptic technique.
- Prepare media for cell growth.
- Maintain laboratory supply stocks and cell line/tumor database. Periodically clean cell culture lab, equipment and refrigerators/freezers, discarding expired material.
- Perform and/or coordinate calibrations of basic laboratory equipment as needed. Record results and report findings.
- Certify the pathogen status of newly-arriving lines.
- May contribute to Materials and Methods sections of study reports. Candidate should possess basic scientific writing skills.
- Use conventional laboratory techniques (western blots, ELISA, etc.) for characterization of cell lines for both growth properties and target expression.
- May be responsible for scheduling activities such that client deadlines are met.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Two years’ of demonstrated experience in cell culture/aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of routine in vitro assays (such as PCR, Western, ELISA).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and substances of unknown hazard.
- Must function and adequately perform all responsibilities associate with the job while adhering to various established safety and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
Are you ready to take the next steps to working in our hands-on, fast-paced environment? Contact us today to learn about joining our team. As an employee of MI Bioresearch, you will be one of our dynamic group of scientists, and in turn will be offered a highly competitive package including base salary, incentive bonus, and attractive benefits.
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.