Do you want the opportunity to play a crucial role in our vision to see cancer as a treatable disease? Are you looking for the opportunity to contribute immediately and grow quickly with a cutting-edge preclinical organization? Then MI Bioresearch might be the place for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Study Managers by performing cell culture tasks necessary to conduct client studies.
- With minimal supervision, archive, revise, maintain and expand cell lines utilizing aseptic technique.
- Prepare media for cell growth.
- Maintain laboratory supply stocks. Periodically clean cell culture lab, equipment and refrigerators/freezers, discarding expired material.
- Perform and/or coordinate calibrations of basic laboratory equipment as needed. Record results and report findings.
- Certify the pathogen status of newly-arriving lines
- Use conventional laboratory techniques (western blots, ELISA, etc.) for characterization of cell lines for both growth properties and target expression.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to accepted lab practices and procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- In exchange for this exciting opportunity to work on important, meaningful research and join a great team, MI Bioresearch seeks your Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or related programs.
- Two years of demonstrated experience in cell culture/aseptic technique. Bio analytical experience a plus.
- We also seek your excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to bend and move within cell culture hood.
Join Us Today! Great Benefits, Excellent Environment, Essential Purpose
To apply, please send us your resume and include the job title you are interested in as the subject line.