29th AACR-NCI-EORTC Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics
“Sensitivity of Syngeneic Tumor Models to Focal Radiation”
Introduction and Background
- Use of image-guided focal irradiation is a mainstay of human cancer treatment.
- Image guidance allows for highly conformal treatment plans that minimize normal tissue toxicity and systemic response.
- With the advent of image-guided small animal irradiators such as the Small Animal Radiation Research Platform (SARRP; Xstrahl Inc., Suwanee, GA), targeted focal irradiation can now be utilized in a broad range of preclinical oncology models.
- Of particular interest is the possible use of focal irradiation to broaden the efficacy and response duration of immuno-oncology therapy.
- Here we identified base-line response of several syngeneic mouse models to focal irradiation therapy.